- Wash Your Face Twice Daily
This can help slow down the aging process. Free radicals cling to makeup and even just the top layer of your skin. They can cause your pores to clog and breakouts to occur. They can also cause fine lines and wrinkles to form as well. If is important to clean your skin regularly to get rid of the elements that can age your skin.
- Sharing is not Caring when it comes to beauty
Sharing beauty products results in sharing of bacteria and germs as well. Make sure that you have your own beauty products that no one else uses.
- Don’t Apply beauty products thick
Too much makeup or thick makeup can cause you to look older than you actually are. It can cause your pores to clog and also makes the collagen break down. Your skin will no longer be firm and will begin to sag. Use a minimal amount of foundation on your skin.
- Use Makeup products to a minimal: Layering on a lot of different products can cause your skin to age prematurely, look dull and drab. Use less makeup so you show off your natural glow and keep your face looking fresh.
Wash your hands & pin up your hair. Apply cleansing lotion & then remove it gently with a cotton ball using gentle circular movements, rinse with clear water and delicately pat dry. (If you wear makeup then gently use makeup remover wipes to remove the makeup before you cleanse your skin). Cleanse your face every evening before going to bed.
6. Use Toner after cleansing:
Gently use a cotton ball saturated with toner on your face, & neck. The toner closes and tightens your pores and also removes any cleanser that may have been left behind on the skin.
7. Apply moisturizer or night cream after toning. Read about moisturizers under skin care.
8. Facial Massage: It helps to increase circulation to the skin & make your face look much younger and firmer. It will release ‘happy’ hormones and increase a person’s energy. Massage therapy can release stress, sinus congestion, headaches and promote great skin.
How To Perform Home Facial Massage
Choose massage oil or good cream made specifically for your face. Make sure to start by getting your face clean and oil free. You can apply an exfoliating cream to help eliminate dead skin and start revving up the blood flow. Create a good relaxing mood through soft music & fragrant candles. Apply some facial massage oil to fingertips and to your face, this will help make the movements smooth and very relaxing. Start with soft strokes using the index, middle and ring fingers. Apply massage movements in an upward motion. Do this over the entire face, neck, forehead, ears and scalp to get the most relaxation and the best results. Do at least 10 min.
Choose a wax you can microwave quickly and keep strips cut to size handy. You can then heat your wax and remove your hair quickly when needed, making it easier to maintain your look. A Q-tip or cotton swab works to spread the wax better. They’re also disposable and less expensive!
Click on the pic to go to the "skin care" page