Spices: Bayleaves, cloves, cardamom pd, Turmeric pd, coriander pd, Red chilli, Garam masala, saunf/fennel seed pd, black pepper pd, ginger pd, Kastoori methi, 1 tsp sugar & salt to taste
1. Poke the cooked or fried potatoes & keep aside. (you may even cut bigger potatoes into half)
2. Prepare a mixture of Yugurt 1/2 cup & Tamarind paste 1/2tsp with spices (fennel seed pd, ginger pd, cardamom pd, red chilli pd, 1/2 tsp sugar).
Take 2 tbs oil, add bayleaves, cloves, cardamom crushed, let it crackle. Then add grinded onion, little ginger-garlic paste & saute.
3. Add spices: coriander pd, red chilli, turmeric pd, garam masala, black pepper pd, fennel seeds/saunf pd. Saute on medium flame.
4. Add the Yogurt mix & saute. Then add Tomato paste/puree 3T to the frying onion-ginger-garlic mix. Add kastoori methi & Saute.
5. Add some water (1cup) with little corn starch mixed in it. Add salt & Simmer for few min. Cook for 10 min till it thickens. Add the potatoes & cover. Cook for another 5-7 min till all spices are absorbed by potatoes.
Add little cream for garnish or fresh cut coriander leaves (optional)