(Read more at http://makeupandbeauty.com/hair-care-do-it-yourself-hair-protein-pack/)
1. EGG: Egg yolks have Vitamin A,D,E and some B group & are building blocks of hair. Vit A helps the scalp to produce more sebum(body’s natural oil) and prevents hair loss. Vit D stimulates hair growth. Vit E and B increase oxygen absorption and improve blood circulation. Egg Yolks are also rich in Essential Fatty Acids which make hair shiny and manageable & also prevent dandruff, hair loss and dry scalp. Egg white help to repair and nourish the hair from within.
2. OLIVE OIL: For dry, frizzy, flaky hair, olive oil is best to give shine & nourishment to the lifeless, damaged hair. Its a good conditioner & light in weight. It gets absorbed fast & is good for hair treatment 1-2 times a wk.
3. YOGURT: It is a remedy for dandruff as it is a good cleanser & unclogs scalp pores, getting rid of dandruff. Yogurt being rich in lactic acid, coats the hair to make it smooth and tangle free.
4. HONEY: It has humectant properties(attracts water making it an ideal moisturizer) & is wonderful for dry and damaged hair. It should be used in packs for hair. Honey boosts shine & health of hair by infusing it with moisturizer.
Method to give shine to hair: Mix a spoonful of honey with a quart of warm water and rinse through your hair after shampooing. Leave on for an hour for deep conditioning, then rinse gently.
5. Synthetic white vinegar or Apple cider vinegar: (optional) Every other week, include a last rinse of organic apple cider vinegar for extra shine boosting & remove oiliness (good for oily scalps)
Lets make the hair pack: (for medium length hair)
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup hung curd
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 cup flat beer/synthetic vinegar diluted in 1 cup water (to rinse afterwards)
You can buy it at Amazon for $10.18. Copy/paste the link below: