Some household stuff is good for cleaning around the house and to remove stains from clothes etc.
1. Baking soda for cleaning greasy or stained counter tops, mirrors or walls (just spray/apply soda & water mixture directly), open drain pipes in sinks & tubs (pour a mix of 1/4 cup soda & 1/2 cup vinegar OR put 4 tbs of soda in them each week & flush it down with hot water) , clean greasy garage floors, clean pots & pans, clean dentures, clean shower curtains (by soaking in the mixture of soda & warm water), cleans toilets (I cup in the toilet bowl for an hr), clean OVEN ( Mix 4 Tbs of baking soda with a quart of warm water, and use it to clean the inside part of an oven). Keep cut flowers fresh longer by adding a teaspoon to the water in the vase. Remove scratches and crayon marks from vinyl floors and walls. (read more uses under separate page on Baking soda uses in Household tips)
Also relieves skin itch, insect bites & strong odors.
2. Organic white Vinegar (see uses of vinegar at the end)
3. ECOVER Dishwasher tablets
4. ECOVER Toilet Bowl Cleaner
5. Floride Toothpaste for removing ink/marker stains on clothes. Just rub on the stain in circular motion & leave it to dry, then rinse.
6. Baby Powder to get rid of wooden squeaky floors (just sprinkle & sweep into the cracks. Wipe afterwards.
7. Salt for cleaning fake flowers (take salt in a big plastic bag & put the flowers in it. Shake vigorously to get off the dirt & make them clean)
8. Rice grains act as scrubbers for getting rid of residue in glass vases. Just add little vinegar in vase & the rice. SHAKE all u can.
9. Flour: sprinkle to pick up spilled oil on floor or oven etc.
OTHER USEFUL TIPS:
1. Toothpaste for Burns: Apply layer of Colgate toothpaste on burn or left over dough in fridge or coconut oil to get relief from burning sensation.
2. Paper Plates as Cutting boards: cheap plates can be used as cutting board for pungent foods & afterwards thrown.
3. Hydrogen Peroxide for whitening: Rub few drops of H2O2 solution on teeth at night for some wks daily & notice the change. It helps to reduce pigmentation/coloring by regular use. It is also found to remove stains on clothes & make them cleaner.
- Clean your toothbrush with hydrogen peroxide to disinfect it
- Rinse 30 seconds – 1 minute with 3% hydrogen peroxide
- Brush your teeth in up and down motion
(Read at http://www.skrewtips.com/2008/05/19/rinse-with-hydrogen-peroxide-for-white-teeth-and-healthy-mouth/)
1. Floor clean: Take Vinegar & hot water
(ratio 1:8) in a spray bottle (or 1 cup vinegar & 16oz hot water) Add 1 tsp of dish soap liquid & spray on floors. Using a swiffer style mop scrub it clean.
2. For Tiles: Make a paste of Baking soda & water & scrub on the tiles. Leave for 15-20 min & rinse it off. Follow by spraying diluted vinegar (1:4)
3. Toilet Bowl cleaning: Take 1/2 cup Vinegar & pour it in the Toilet bowl. Scrub & leave for sometime before flushing.
4. As Fabric softener: Use 1/2 cup white Vinegar per load in the washer to soften clothes.
5. Mirror cleaning: White Vinegar and water (1:4) is good for cleaning the mirrors & give shine.
6. Hair washing: (need baking soda). According to Melinda Briana, "Take 1 part baking soda & 3 parts water to make a solution & fill it in a shampoo bottle. Shake it before every use. Squeeze it on scalp, massage it & then rinse after 2 min. Prepare diluted white Vinegar (1:4) in another bottle, (add some mint or cinnamon stick or essence to hinder vinegar smell) & apply it on hair afterwards, leave for few seconds & then rinse. This acts like conditioner & leaves hair shiny & clean." Tip: use this method in between regular shampooing with herbal shampoos. Also, you may substitute white vinegar with Apple cider vinegar for good spicy smell.
(Read more at http://1greengeneration.elementsintime.com/?p=365)
7. Drain pipe cleaning in sinks & bath tubs: Take 1/2 cup vinegar & add 1 tbs baking soda to it. Pour it quickly into the drain pipe & wait for 10-15 min before opening the tap. The drain will be cleared completely.
8. Vinegar to heal bruises: Soak a cotton ball in white vinegar and apply it to the bruise for 1 hour. The vinegar reduces the blueness and speeds up the healing process.