1. Soak 1/2 cup whole moong dal in water overnight.
2. Drain next day & add it to the mixie/grinder along with 1-2 green chillies & little ginger. Add very little water..just enough to grind it thick & smooth.
3. Take it out in a bowl & add some salt, red chilli pd, 1/8th tsp Hing/asafoetida, 1 tsp garam masala, some chopped coriander leaves (optional)
4. Beat & blend the mixture with your hand or spatula.
5. Heat oil in a karahi & pick small blobs with your fingers and drop them in hot oil. Once they swell up & rise, turn them over & fry them golden yellow as shown in the pic above. Serve hot with chutney.
TIP: The pakodis can be used to make Raita or yogurt by soaking them first in hot water & squeezing out the excess oil along with water. Then afterwards soaking the pakodis in beaten smooth curd along with some spices (salt, pepper, chat masala, red pepper pd, & roasted cumin pd)
Also..make delicious pakodi curry...see the recipe soon under Veg curries in Food/Recipe Tab.