Fingernails and toenails are made of a tough protein called keratin. A lack of Vit A, Vit D, B-12 and calcium can cause dryness and brittleness.
For stronger & healthy nails we need the following in our diet: (Deficiency of any of these can cause flaking, chipping, drying, etc)
- Vit A, B12, Vit D
- Toe infections, can be caused or exacerbated by dirty socks.
- Specific types of aggressive exercises, tight footwear, and walking unprotected in an unclean environment can also lead to nail problems.
- Nail tools used by different people may transmit infections.
(info by mayoclinic.com)
- Changes in nail color, such as discoloration of the entire nail or a dark streak under the nail
- Changes in nail shape, such as curled nails
- Thinning or thickening of the nails
- Separation of the nail from the surrounding skin
- Bleeding around the nails
- Redness, swelling or pain around the nails
Key is to have imagination, a steady hand, & some drawing skill.
First painted the whole nail turquoise & after drying, painted slanting with blue/purple shade at the top half. After drying, I used the brush of silver glitter nail paint to decorate & give glamor. You can also put just silver dots with help of pencil point or toothpick instead of a line.
Place both hands in ice cold water filled in a basin or sink, for 3-5 min.