2. Clean Your BBQ: To clean grill, heat up your BBQ, then use a fork to hold half of an onion to scrub the grill.
3. Soothe a Bee Sting: If you are ever stung by a bee, grab an onion slice and place it on the stung area. It will instantly ease the pain.
4. Onion smell to prevent fainting: Need something to snap you back to reality? Smell an onion, and the potent odor will bring you back to life.
5. Eliminate New Paint Smell: Place a bowl of freshly cut onion slices in water in the newly painted room. The smell of onions will absorb the smell of paint within a few hours. If you have just painted your cabinets place a cut onion on a dish and put it inside the cabinet to remove the smell.
6. Clean Rusty Knives: Take your knife and stab it into a large onion, repeat few times to remove the rust; Or try scrubbing with a half cut onion.
7. Mosquito Repellent: Ingesting onions or garlic, or rubbing onions on your skin will act as a good bug repellent and keep those insects away from you!
8. Wart Remover: Apply a mixture made up of onion slices, crushed aspirin, and water to your wart. This solution will shrink the wart and soothe it. For best results, place duct tape over the solution. After several hours, remove the tape and reapply if necessary.
9. Acne Remover: Onions can also be very instrumental in getting rid of bad pimples! Mix crushed onions slices with water and apply to acne. The components of the onion are harsh on zits and effectively remove them.
10. Fights cold & influenza: Use the given recipe
3 medium onions, quartered in glass bowl. Add a pint of boiling water, squeeze in juice of one half lemon. Cover for 20 minutes
Strain and drink. Onions have anti-bacterial and anti-viral properties. You will feel better the next day and it helps congestion.
Read more: http://www.care2.com/greenliving/14-surprising-uses-for-onions.html#ixzz2Bar9rtvo
11. For burn relief: A bit of crushed onion mixed with salt can soothe a burn.
12. Onions for health: They have antibiotic qualities, can improve circulation, lower high blood pressure, stabilize blood sugar levels, and decrease the symptoms of colds and coughs.
A READERS TIP ADDED: For ASTHMA, EAT ONIONS!!!!
Eating onions helps ease constriction of bronchial tubes. (onion packs place on chest helped the respiratory ailments and actually made breathing better).
Onions & garlic are very good if eaten in meals regularly but although people may say they attract bacteria if cut &kept around the house, its not true. Garlic improves the activity of natural killer cells, a type of immune cell that is specifically designed for cold and flu viruses and cancer cells.
Read more: http://www.livestrong.com/article/483598-does-garlic-onions-kill-the-flu-cold-viruses/#ixzz2Fdxez6Cx