Sun exposure can cause wrinkles, age spots and other skin problems — as well as increase the risk of skin cancer. Use good sunscreen, & wear shade or protective clothing.
2. Try to quit, if you do smoking:
Smoking narrows the blood vessels & thus reduces supply of oxygen & nutrients needed for skin cells. It also damages collagen & elastin & lead to wrinkles & early aging.
3. Treat skin gently: by bathing or washing face frequently using mild cleansing soaps & gels. Apply lotion, moisturizer (with SPF) or creams to keep it supple & prevent drying or cracking. Avoid strong soaps & pat dry after washing.
4. Take healthy diet: Eat foods rich in anti-oxidants and vitamins. Eat fruits & vegetables like spinach, broccoli, tomatoes, citrus fruits, berries, and whole grains & lean proteins.
5. Manage Stress: Taking some time out daily for yourself is very important. Do yoga, meditate or go for nature walk. Fresh air is very good for health. Treat yourself to a spa or facial or body massage to relieve stress.
TIPS about MOISTURIZERS for healthy skin:
Daily use of moisturizer is imp. to prevent drying & reduce wrinkles.
1.For mature skin, use moisturizers containing alpha-hydroxy acid, a wrinkle fighter also present in milk and fruit.
2. When normal skin, apply the moisturizer less often.
3.For dry skin, choose a water-based moisturizer and apply it liberally.
4. For oily skin try a gentle, oil-free or water based moisturizer.
5. Dermalastyl-β is an age-defying moisturizer that works well in all skin types. This skin cream delays wrinkles in mature skin while also keeping younger skin healthy, full of moisture, and smooth.
(Read more at http://www.sustainablenorcross.org/category/skin-and-beauty/)
2. Apply a mix of Besan/gram flour & Curd with honey+ lemon juice on face every morning. leave for few min. & then wash gently. Pat dry with a towel. It helps to get soft, smooth skin & prevent wrinkles, keeping skin younger looking. I use this as often as possible. Can add little turmeric too.
3. Use Milk to exfoliate, bleach your freckles & brown spots & soothe your skin: Make paste with glass of sour milk & oatmeal .Place it between two layers of cheesecloth and keep it on your face for sometimes.
4. Anti-wrinkle treatment for perfect skin: tomato juice with an equal amount of milk. Store it in the fridge. Apply this on face for 10min. routinely twice a day. It is one of the best natural home remedies for Skin Care.
Read more at: http://www.speedyremedies.com/home-remedies-for-skin-care.html
Turmeric is the perfect solution for all skin problems as turmeric paste improves the skin shine. It is to be an anti-aging agent.
6. Tip for pimples: An online reader suggests, "dissolve 2-3 aspirin in a couple of drops of water until they form a paste and put that on the pimple."
Mash 2-3 grapes to get juice. Dab the juice on areas around your mouth, eyes and on the forehead. After 5 minutes, rinse thoroughly.
Also, try applying the starch/juice of cut piece of potato on the dark under eye circles & also on face.
MINT has anti oxidant properties. Its very good to get rid of pimples etc. Just mash few leaves & apply on pimple. You can dab juice on whole face too & under eyes. Rinse after 20 min.