- 2 tbs vegetable oil
- 2 boneless chicken breasts, (sliced into strips)
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup red pepper (1 inch chunks)
- 1/2 cup green pepper (1 inch chunks)
- 4 tsp cornstarch, mixed with 4 tsp water
- 1 cup canned pineapple chunks, drained with 1/2 cup reserved juice
- 3 Tbs light brown sugar
- 3 Tbs rice wine vinegar (Asian/Chinese stores) or use White Vinegar
- 1/4 cup chicken stock
METHOD: (For making vegetarian sauce, just omit any chicken item used)
1. In a large non-stick skillet, heat oil over medium high heat.
2. Season chicken strips and add to pan. Brown chicken and remove to plate. (omit this if vegetarian)
3. Add red and green peppers and cook for 1 minute.
4. Stir in pineapple chunks, juice, sugar, vinegar and chicken stock (omit this if making veg version) and bring to a simmer until sauce begins to reduce.
5. Stir in cornstarch mixture and bring liquid to a simmer.
6. Stir in chicken strips and cook for 5 minutes. (You can omit this if you are a vegetarian)
7. Serve over rice.