- Tomato: 2 medium
- spices: Rasam pd, hing, Cumin/zeera, salt, red chilli pd, mustard seeds,
- Green chillies/roasted red chillies
- Coriander leaves to garnish
- Curry leaves for seasoning
1. In a mixie, grind 2 medium Tomatoes, 1-2 green chilli, 1/2 tsp garlic paste (optional), 1/4th tsp. tamarind, 1/2 tsp cumin seeds (zeera), & little water.
2. In a saucepan, take tomato mixture and add about 2 cups water, little salt, red chilli pd, 1/4th tsp turmeric, about 1 tbs Rasam powder. Stir & check for spiciness; adjust to your taste.
3. Boil till it is uniform. Season it before serving.
4. Seasoning: Take 2 tsp oil in a saucepan & add pinch of asafoetida/hing & 1 tsp mustard seeds. When they pop, add few curry leaves, 1-2 slit green or roasted red chilli. Garnish with chopped green coriander. Serve hot either as a starter before lunch or dinner or along with white rice.
(step 4). Add little tamarind paste, some Rasam powder and salt to taste. Bring it to boil. Garnish with coriander leaves. Your Rasam is ready to enjoy!!