- Helps in Diabetes. Several studies have found that vinegar may help lower glucose levels: People with type 2 diabetes found that taking two tablespoons of apple cider vinegar before bed lowered glucose levels in the morning by 4%-6%.
- High cholesterol . A 2006 study on rats showed evidence that vinegar could lower cholesterol. Some people have tried and found it beneficial. (Reader's Tip: According to one user, "Try 2 table spoons of cider vinegar for your cholesterol 3 times a day for 2-3 wks at a time, with a little olive oil & see if it works". Do let your doctor know)
- Lowers Blood pressure and improves heart health. Study has shown that people who ate oil and vinegar dressing on salads five to six times a week had lower rates of heart disease but its not proven completely.
- Cancer . A few laboratory studies have found that vinegar may be able to kill cancer cells or slow their growth. Observational studies of people have been confusing. One found that eating vinegar was associated with a decreased risk of esophageal cancer. Another associated it with an increased risk of bladder cancer.
- Apple cider vinegar is highly acidic. It should always be diluted with water or juice before swallowed. Pure apple cider vinegar could damage the tooth enamel and the tissues in your throat and mouth. Vinegar has been known to cause contact burns to the skin.
- Long-term use can cause low potassium levels and lower bone density. If you have osteoporosis, talk to your doctor before using apple cider vinega
- Can interact with diuretics, laxatives, and medicines for diabetes and heart disease.
- Check with your doctor if you have diabetes: Vinegar contains chromium, which can alter your insulin levels.
Internally, you can heal your skin from the inside-out by taking a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar each day. (Be warned, you may not enjoy the taste so much. But whether or not you do enjoy it, ACV should be diluted in some water. Add some optional honey if you need it to be more palatable.)
Topically, you can apply ACV diluted with water to tone your skin, reduce blemishes and promote a more balanced complexion. Because it can be harsh for sensitive skin, start by diluting ACV with water at a 1:4 ratio. You can increase the water by a quarter every week as your skin adjusts.