1. Take regularly cumin seeds or "jeera seeds" used in cookery, for the remedy along with plenty of warm-water.
2. Take plenty of fruits, & Juice extract from banana-stem (once in a week will do) will help.
3. A good bath after a heavy food is good. Also, u may dip your legs up to your knee in hot water for 10 to 15 minutes. This will definitely help solve your worry.
4. Get vitamin B12 and zinc: Their deficiency causes low stomach acid (which might sound like a good thing, but it's not) and low stomach acid causes a heaviness feeling. Get your nutrient levels checked by the doctor/nurse by means of blood test. if you also get easily tired, you're deficient in vitamin B12 and iron. you might want to take a multivitamin, spirulina, and chia seeds (at health food stores).
PS; medication depletes (takes away) nutrition and that's probably why your symptoms get worse with medication.
5. Get enough probiotics: Eat yogurt a lot as it provides probiotics; they are the good bacteria found in your colon/intestines. they help to sooth the stomach and get your digestion going.
6. Sooth the stomach by peppermint tea.
7. Take little 100% all-natural aloe vera juice (health food stores sell them) or evening primrose oil (health food stores sell them), and garlic.
8. Always chew your food VERY well and slow, because chewing your food is already part of the digestion process!
9. Drink water couple of minutes before and a little after you eat - never during your meal, like so many people do!
10. Don't eat too much at one time (binge). you can have 5 or 6 SMALL meals throughout the day, instead of eating one or two big meals!
11. Don't eat fruit with other food. Fruit should always be eaten on it's own. if you eat fruit right after a meal, you can get stomach problems, because fruit isn't digested properly when eaten with other foods.
12. Avoid foods that cause acidity: Acidic foods cause stomach problems. Avoid too much junk food, sugar, sugar substitutes, acidic foods, coffee, medication or any unhealthy foods.
13. Take alkaline foods like lemons: take first thing in the morning, have a glass of water with one freshly squeezed lemon.
14. Practice Bow Aasan (Bhujang aasan) which cures many stomach problems.
Benefits: The back muscles are well massaged. This cures constipation, dyspepsia, rheumatism and gastro-intestinal disorders. It reduces fat, energizes digestion, invigorates appetite and relieves congestion of the blood in the abdominal viscera. This asana is highly beneficial for ladies.
15. Eat "Harad" churan (sold at Indian grocery stores). It instantly gives relief to stomach heaviness & gas.
P.S. >>An ayurvedic medicine called "DIASYN" is very good for any indigestion, esp after a heavy, oily meal. Just pop in 2 tablets after a greasy meal.